- Chinese do not like using knives and forks while eating because they believe these are weapons. That is why most of their dishes use boneless meat and chopped vegetables.
- Authentic Chinese food is a really good diet. It uses less meat, oil and spices. Also it has more vegetables.
- Fortune cookie is not commonly known in China. It is more popular in USA.
- There are five classic styles of Chinese cooking namely Beijing, Cantonese, Hunan, Sichuan and Fujian. All differ in taste and style.
- An average Chinese eats around 2700 calories in a day but does not gain much weight partially because of the balanced diet of grains, meat, vegetables and tea which they drink with the meal.